Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Book Review: Close Enough to Hear God Breathe: The Great Story of Divine Intimacy by Greg Paul

Close Enough to Hear God Breathe: The Great Story of Divine Intimacy by Greg Paul is a very engaging book. It is presented in five parts with three chapters in each part.

What I like most about the book is how the author re-imagines certain stories in the Bible and draws from his own experiences in order to drive the point about intimacy with God. He beautifully draws pictures of how intimacy has been shown in many stories within the Great Story and how the same intimacy is manifested in his own experiences as well as the experiences of others in his community.

I found his writing fresh, engaging and worthwhile.

Highly recommended for those seeking a deeper intimacy with God.

[Disclaimer: I got this book for free as part of the Oreilly blogger review program I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”]

Book review rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Custom Search

Book Review Categories